Employment-Based Immigration: First Preference – Outstanding Professors and Researchers
You must be able to demonstrate an international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. You must also have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must enter the United States in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.
Yous must also meet at least 2 of the 10 requirements criteria, and an offer employment from the prospective U.S. employer.
Examples of Documentary Evidence that a Person is an Outstanding Professor or Researcher
- Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement.
- Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement.
- Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien´s work in the academic field.
- Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field.
- Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field.
- Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field.
How to apply
Your employer must file USCIS Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.